A recent survey conducted by Comscore.com shows the following findings:
1) 50 million of the population in the USA visited blog sites in the first quarter of 2005
2) This indicates an increase of about 45% compared to First Quarter of 2004.
3) An average blog visitor spends 23 hours per week online while an average Internet user spends only 13 hours online.
4) Blog visitors are 11% more likely than the average Internet users to have incomes of $75,000 or more.
5) Blog visitors are 30% more likely to buy products or services online.
Anybody thinking of starting an online venture, would be silly not to recognise the importance of blogging being one of the best tools of Internet marketing.